Saturday, October 20, 2007

Adam Taylor

I've loved this poem for many years. At my old job, I even printed it and had it in my cubicle. Nobody quite understood why I liked it though....

Serendipity

Apparently
Great medical advances
Are often made
By happy chance
Like Fleming stumbling
On penicillin

Or me stumbling on
serendipityfarm.com
Which tells how to spot
If a llama is choking:

'Animal gives impression
That he/she is having
Difficulty breathing'

by Adam Taylor 29/09/2000


He also wrote this one:
Gone

"I’m off", he said.
And with that
he was gone.

Like something
that was here once
but isn’t any more.

Like the Incas.

Or a pea
that’s rolled under
the fridge.

Or a spider
that’s been flushed down
the toilet.

Or someone
who’s just delivered
a pizza.

Or a pizza
that’s just been eaten

except for a crumb
that’s been taken by spaceship
to the edge of the time
and space continuum
and kicked out
into nothingness.

And then he came back
with the newspaper.

No comments: